четверг, 18 сентября 2008 г.

Opinion.
In my opinion, it is impossible to write something essential about the story after reading only a couple dozens of pages. It is just a beginning and serious actions were not performed by characters, so I can’t judge them. Reader only makes the acquaintance of the heroes of the story. But still, personality of Julia is rather interesting for me. In next parts I guess I’ll write something about this character. The other character, young and still unnamed clerk, I guess, is not so simple, and I can try to predict, that he will take part in some important action of the story. Personality of the 3rd character, Julia’s husband Michael Gosslyn doesn’t attract me yet. The story is full of descriptions, so reader can feel the atmosphere of these times.
I can say, that I recognize Maugham’s style of writing and it is rather pleasantly to read his works. Maugham is considered as a classic of world literature, so it is possible to say, that I am not disappointed with my choice of book for home reading.

Комментариев нет: